Help with 555, Mark/Space

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepak_3112

sir, i want to generate 1khz frequency using 555 timer from 0% to 100 % duty cycle.
When im using the circuit with diode in parallel with R2 i am able to get duty cycle, but the frequency also is getting change.
so, pls can u tel me the solution for it.

With all due respect, I feel like you're slightly confused about what duty cycle means. Maybe I'm wrong, but on astable multivibrators, the duty cycle is usually fixed unless there's a potentiometer in place, but even still with a diode in parallel with R2, you will only get a duty cycle less than 50%.

Also, to ask a question in a new thread, you can click here. I've only been dealing with electronics for about 2 years now. The other people on this forum are much more helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
An obsolete application note AN170 describes how to get duty cycles between 5% and 95%.

That circuit is quite common. The circuit without a diode, but using the output at pin 3 is susceptible to changes in frequency and duty cycle with changes in voltage. It is a tiny bit simpler circuit than the conventional circuit with a diode, but I prefer not to use it because of its poor stability.

Please post your circuit, if you have continued problems.

John

Edit: Since I already downloaded AN170 to ETO for a previous post, here is the link:
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/attachments/555an-pdf.52952/

Last edited:
Hi.

I have used the following circuit from RMCybernetics.com on many occasions, and have had great success with it. It uses a 555 timer and a 393 op-amp to adjust the frequency and duty cycle independently of each other. I believe this is what you're looking for:

**broken link removed**

Parts List:
IC1 LM555
IC2 LM393
R1 10k
R2 10k
R3 2.2k
R4 10k
VR1 1M
VR2 10k
C1 47nF
T1 IRF740

It works great as a light dimmer, motor speed controller, or transformer driver. There are a lot of other potential uses, as well. What do you plan to use yours for?
I hope this helps!
Regards,
Der Strom

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…