Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help with 12v project. Would a 555 timer do this

Status
Not open for further replies.

caster

I have a device that will trigger when it senses 3 (+) or (-) pulses in a row. When the device triggers it will output a (- 150ma) or (+) ( for 30 seconds )to roll down my windows and top or roll up my windows and top. This device has already been aquired and I needed to use it to interface with my factory remote ( for a car).

This is my problem. The trigger Im using is the wires off the lock.unlock motor

The motor shows these conditions
( wire 1 and wire 2 are the motor wires)

DURING LOCK
wire 1 is + ( around 7 VDC)
wire 2 is -

DURING UNLOCK
wire 1 is + ( about 5VDC)
wire 2 is +

Since IM using a positive trigger, when unlocking wire 1 will kick off the lock device ( roll up windows). I only want the device connected to wire 2 ( which is + during unlock) to kick off.

I thought abot killing power to the device on wire 1 using a relay but I really dont want to use a realy.

Is there any project I could build that when it senses wire 1 is + and wire 2 is - to activate a device? I.E. send power to the device

or when it senses wire 1 is + and wire 2 is + to kill power to a device?

or is there a device that on a constant + kill power to a device?

Thank for all your help. If you need additional information please ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back