Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help. Wiring an LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

gizmo911uk

Is there a way I can wire up an LED to its own power supply (5v) and use the current coming in from an other source as a switch. I do not want to draw the current away from this other source.

coud you be more exact....details....
if you just want to wire a LED to a 5V suply just connect a series resistor of 220 ohm for example and connect the led and the resistor to the suply...
if you want another thing please be more exact....

Use a transistor to turn it on.

uA into the base to switch it. Have the led on its own 5v line.

The Project that i am working on is a hard hisk drive switch, basicily it is a double pole double through switch with 2 sets of wires going to the master jumper (replaced std 2.54mm jumper with a 2 way 2.54mm PCB socket) to turn on.

What actual triggers the transister to switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back