Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help w Wireless Door Chime

Status
Not open for further replies.

sign216

I have a Radio Shack wireless door chime. Bought it approx. 4 yrs ago, and recently it'll spontaneously chime about once a day (or night). Works fine otherwise, but it's very irritating. I'd get a replacement, but it'll probably break too in 4 or 5 yrs.

Any idea how I can stop these errant rings?

Joe

door2.jpg

door.jpg

Possibly someone close to has bought one and it is set to the same code. Some wireless door bells have switches to set the code. others learn the code that the transmitters are set to. The instruction manual should give details.

Les.

Les,
That's a good idea. I no longer have the manual, but perhaps I can look it up, or figure out how to re-code the transmitter and receiver.

I am leaning towards an issue with the unit though, because of my area. I live in a semi-rural district. I have three neighbors, about 50 to 75 yds (45 - 69 meters) away. That would be a long reach for unit, but possible. Also, it's possible that another device, besides door chime, is sending errant signal, and the other device might be more powerful so it could cover that distance.

Les, as you suggested, if I can change the code, then that might solve it.
Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back