Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help to identify a semiconductor

Status
Not open for further replies.

vlad

I have a Brother HL-1030 printer.
The cartridge part # is TN6300, which is composed of toner unit and drum unit TN6000.

Last week the printer started to leave unused toner on the paper, so all surface of the paper is grey.

The photo drum is cleared from unused toner by a brush which is electrified in order to demagnetize it, so the drum stays always clean.

The current passes through a semiconductor! When I checked it with tester - no signs of life.
So I think, that it's because of this semiconductor.

So please, help me to identify the component and where can I buy it or maybe it's analogue.

Photos of this element are attached or you can find them here:
https://www.angelfire.com/un/vlad/

Thanx a lot

Attachments

• www_1.jpg
    www_1.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 451
  • www_2.jpg
    www_2.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 443
  • www_3.jpg
    www_3.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 450
that is a resistor

Yes, and probably too high a value for it to be tested with a meter!, I can't make any sense of the writing on it - but it could easily be in the 100's of megaohms?.

I would suggest he measures the input voltage to it, which is likely to be kilovolts - I would have thought it's more likely that the EHT circuit has died than the resistor failing!.

I mean, the background on paper not a high voltage supply problem. Maybe the drum discharger lamp not work properly, and remain some charge on the drum...

Sebi said:
I mean, the background on paper not a high voltage supply problem. Maybe the drum discharger lamp not work properly, and remain some charge on the drum...

Err??? how can you say "I mean" when you havn't posted? and also correct yourself when talking abt high voltage when you havn't posted?

Unless you and Nigel are one and the same person???

interesting... :shock:

Styx said:
Err??? how can you say "I mean" when you havn't posted? and also correct yourself when talking abt high voltage when you havn't posted?

Bear in mind his location (which, happily, is filled in!), it's HIGHLY unlikely that English is his first language, and may not even be his second language?.

So it's reasonable to give him a little slack, I presume he means that the high voltage being missing wouldn't cause this fault?. I've no idea?, I've never had anything to do with photocopiers or laser printers.

I take it its that time of the day when Irony doesnt seen that ironic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back