Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP: Speaker Box Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamHeggie

i have two 18" subs and am desperately wanting to buil boxes for them, for home use, not for my car, can anyone help by giving me specifications etc......... :p

Hi,

I did this a year ago and made a superb 4th order band pass box for my sub. I dont know how much you know but this a box with a sealed rear chamber and a ported front chamber. Having the exact size port and front chamber is directly related to the power, diameter of speaker and sealed chamber.

I used this site and it worked brilliantly:

https://www.colomar.com/Shavano/4thorder_info.html

Also soem good info :
**broken link removed**

Mosfet, Hope you can give me some advice.

My system is getting quite old and the amp appears to be slowly dieing. It was a bit crappy anyway very old goodmans 200W amp, old Hifonics 10" (think it was olimpian) sub. I have decide to update.

Im thinking of the folowing:

PIONEER TSW 1201C 12" subwoofer
With Bass Box
1000W Max Power
Legacy LA 570 800W 2 channel amplifier Remote control bass boost
Fully adjustable electronic crossover network

Yeah I know a bit vague, that is a direct paste from the site. Now bare in mind I live in the UK and sound equipment is naturally more expensive here, do you think £199.99 is a good price?

Btw did I mention saving for a new mortgauge seriously reduces the 'I need a good sound system in the car fund'. :)

Cheers.

im not knocking legacy im sure they are makers of quality merchandise :? , but i would stay away from that brand. ive heard of nothing but trouble from them. do what you wish but do your homework so you dont get burned on inferior products.

That Pioneer 1201C is a beautiful driver.
It doesn't appear to be available in the US.
We have a 1241 that looks similar and sells for $150 locally.
The Legacy 570 sells for around $95 here.
So price-wise we are pretty close.
My puny alternator limits me to the factory FM.
I think we've hijacked CamHeggie's thread.
:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back