Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help required programming PIC16F877A with accelerometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

demonsworlde

HI
i have connected Analog Devices' accelerometer ADXL 321 with my PIC16F877A,i need to program it so tat it can recieve the analog signals from the accelerometer and can store it.i need to store abt 100 such values within 3-4 seconds time period(the delay between two analog values should be as minimum as possible),also i then need to get this value on the pc via rs232.
i have made all the hardware connections but since i m new to this programming thing its posing difficulties to me.

furthermore is it possible to program it in such a way tat i can simultaneously read value from accelerometer and store it in the pc via rs232?

well i m plannnig to use C language.
the thing is that i need to obtain all the values and then have to make a graph of time vs acceleration

So what exactly are you asking for? You seem to know what you want to do. You could easily store the information on the PIC and use the UART (if it has one or use a software UART) to send the data to a PC.

well the thing is tat i need to get the value from accelerometer and then transmit it to the pc via RS232 but i m not sure how fast it can be done.

since i need to get various values from the sensor at different time and then recieve it on pc and make a graph of time vs accceleration as i mentioned it earlier also.

how shud i program it?
do i just program pic to recieve the analog data and then use uart to transmit the data to the pc also wat shud i do at the pc end wat program i shud use.i have got serial watcher by which i can see the data recieved in the pc via RS232.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back