Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help regarding H briges.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I said but i don't found any some one has provided this schematic....!!

This is your part circuit completed, it works in simulation OK.

I have never built this particular circuit, so I cannot confirm that it works, it should do.

The MOSFET Vgs is 0v to 12V , relative, well inside the +/-20V limit

Attachments

• AAesp05.gif
    AAesp05.gif
    37.3 KB · Views: 265
  • AAesp06.gif
    AAesp06.gif
    33.5 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:
Who suggested not to use them and why.??
It was me on another website. I don't know if a modern PIC has enough output current to drive a very old original 74xx TTL logic inverter.

I think the P-channel Mosfet will blow up with a gate-source voltage of 24V.

Last edited:
The circuit is working fine....
One problem is there i.e. when i stop the motor it does start quickly as it was working with direct power source and some noise is also cumming from motor ...and i am not using Capacitor as shown in upper side of P- MOS!!

It was me on another website. I don't know if a modern PIC has enough output current to drive a very old original 74xx TTL logic inverter.

I think the P-channel Mosfet will blow up with a gate-source voltage of 24V.

hi agu,
Its not an old original 74xx, its a 74LS and yes the PIC can drive it quite well.

On the revised circuit, the maximum Vgs is ~16V so it will not blow up.

I did say I would have to modify the resistive divider, once I knew what the OP wanted.

Checking the datasheets you have posted, the +/-20Vgs limit does apply. It will be necessary to limit the Vgs on the MOSFET's to less than this value.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
hi agu,
Its not an old original 74xx, its a 74LS and yes the PIC can drive it quite well.
But we don't know if a 30 years old lower input current 74LSxxx IC is available yet in India.
The OP was talking about a 40 years old ORDINARY 7406 mor 7407 with a VERY high input current. Probably a modern PIC IC cannot drive it.

But we don't know if a 30 years old lower input current 74LSxxx IC is available yet in India.
The OP was talking about a 40 years old ORDINARY 7406 mor 7407 with a VERY high input current. Probably a modern PIC IC cannot drive it.

If we DONT know if 74LS can be bought or not in Asia, WHY bring it up.?????

The OP may have been talking about 74xx, but my circuit clearly shows 74LS.

The OP did ask for a version that used IC's as drivers to the MOSFET's, rather than transistors, that is why I posted the 74LSxx circuit.

EDIT:
I will do some tests with a PIC and 74xx,74LSxx and post the the results.

Last edited:
Last edited:
HI again,

Today i have tested the H-BRIDGES with 12V and 12V series connection i.e. 24V with PMDC motor.
The maximum current that i have seen seen on multimeter is 6-7Amp that was the limited current from battery.

OK, when i have used Brushed DC gear motor at 24V and switching the freq (of 555 using pot meter) to the input of LM339 as shown in circuit before.
there was lot of spark at the brushes at low freq. so i think it require snubber circuit at motor terminal.
So, please suggest how to build snubber circuit.

hi agu,
Programmed a 16F877 PIC, powered by +5V, to toggle an output pin.

Tested the following IC,s
NOTE:
all 6 inputs linked together to give a Fan in of 6, output driving an resistor/led, all OK.
It also worked OK, with a fan in of 1 gate.

7404,7414,74LS14,7404,74LS04,,7406,74LS06.

The PIC output pin voltage was switching from 0.1V to 4.9V on all the IC's. OK.

Added a 300R and Rd led to the PIC output pin [IC still connected] , switching from 0.1V to 4.2V

I would say that a PIC operating from a Vs of +5V, will drive 74xx and 74LSxx IC's satisfactorily .

Do you agree.???

If yes, please let us put another web based Myth to rest, if No, try it yourself.

Eric

Last edited:
This is your part circuit completed, it works in simulation OK.

I have never built this particular circuit, so I cannot confirm that it works, it should do.

The MOSFET Vgs is 0v to 12V , relative, well inside the +/-20V limit

Hi eric,

If you have this schematic LT spice file can you please post it as i have to present my circuit ( mos IRF9540/540).

Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back