Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help reading a simple schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

saken

Hello everyone, i am new here, and i am sorry that i had to register just to ask for anyone's help, i know that's not very nice...
I hope to be helpful myself in this forum someday but right now i need your help :(

My Benq PB6100 projector died one day, i found out that i had a 470uf Electrolide capacitor blowned out, i replaced it with another one and presto! the projector did turn on, but it didnt display any picture, so after a little more research i found that i had burned a SMT capacitor in the main system board.
I took it out and found the schematics on the internet but i am confused!
In the schematics we can read:

C828 (the position of the Capacitor in the Circuit Board)
10U M (this is very confusing, 10uf? and what's the M stand for?)
20V (this is easy lol, 20volts)

Anyway here's the screenshot of the schematic, i hope that you can help:

**broken link removed**

Sorry it's in Portuguese, i tought about posting this on a portuguese forum but no one can help me there :(

The reference of the other Cap is: 106D SV918 but i cant find anything with that reference.

also if you dont know what i am talking about here's a picture of a similar Cap:
**broken link removed**

please help me :)
Many thanks

I notice that the capacitors seem to be marked with either a K or an M, and the Ks are ceramic caps while the Ms are electrolytics - maybe M and K are short for the portuguese words for electrolytic and ceramic capacitors respectively?

Last edited:
I notice that the capacitors seem to be marked with either a K or an M, and the Ks are ceramic caps while the Ms are electrolytics - maybe M and K are short for the portuguese words for electrolytic and ceramic capacitors respectively?

no, i dont think so as the Cap in the System board is exacly as the one in the picture (altought without the K)
also... why is the value only 10U and not 10Uf?
cheers

Shorthand, since the Farads units are implied? :confused: The short answer is I don't know, sorry. Maybe someone else will have more definitive answers.

Well i dont know if this helps but i am looking at the full schematic right now and i am noticing lots of 47U 50V capactiros that might be electrolitic and they are typed like:

C503
47U
16V

i am not sure if these are electrolitic as i dont have that board with me right now but if memory serves me right they are indeed those round electrolitic capacitors
so i would suspect that the "M" might stand for Micro

Edit: i am sorry where are my manners, i thank you so much for trying to help me :)
Cheers

Last edited:
Guys! i think i found what the M stands for:

**broken link removed**

it's the tolerance
M = 20%

do you guys agree?

c828 is a transistor.anyway i think in here c828 means capacitor number. you know like c1,c2... in a circuit diagram. so its 828th capacitor:eek:

c828 is a transistor.anyway i think in here c828 means capacitor number. you know like c1,c2... in a circuit diagram. so its 828th capacitor:eek:

hi...
C stands or capacitor, it's a Cap not a transistor, and your are half right about the number, C8 means the Capacitor of the 8th diagram, number 28
each section of the PCB has it's own diagrams , for instance a PCB can have a CA71, CB14 and CA45, i would immediatly know that both CA71 and CA45 are in the same schematics and work in the same system , altought CB14 is for another funcion :)

well what i mean is there is a transistor called c828.

OHHHH

haahahah yeah! might be :p
eeheh

anyway my real question is:
The diagram is telimg me that C828 is:

A Capacitor with 10uF 20V
does the M stand for tolerance? 20%?

Btw may i use an normal ceramic capacitor (those round ones that look like a pill) insteand of a SMT or do i really have to use a SMT?
And btw, do i need to use a tantalum cap or may i just use a normal ceramic one?
cheers

OHHHH

haahahah yeah! might be :p
eeheh

anyway my real question is:
The diagram is telimg me that C828 is:

A Capacitor with 10uF 20V
does the M stand for tolerance? 20%?

Btw may i use an normal ceramic capacitor (those round ones that look like a pill) insteand of a SMT or do i really have to use a SMT?
And btw, do i need to use a tantalum cap or may i just use a normal ceramic one?
cheers
well t seems yo have replaced electrolytic with a ceramic cap.you need to use a electrolytic one .(assuming image posted is photo of that capacitor).
tantelum capacitors a highly accurate and expensive.no problem of using them.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d8/Cap-elko-smd-polarity.jpg

Guys! i think i found what the M stands for:

**broken link removed**

it's the tolerance
M = 20%

do you guys agree?

Yes, that makes sense given the table you've provided.

saken said:

You're replacing a 10uF 20V electrolytic so you need to replace it with a 10uF electrolytic rated for at least 20V. The case style shouldn't matter unless the new capacitor is too bulky and gets in the way, but in any case there's no reason not to simply use an SMT part, they're not expensive or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back