Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

msmukund2000

hi,
i want to try and build a line follower(As all juveniles do),i wanna do this w/o copying existing schematics.
Question
how do you make the wheels turn??
i would like to use a comparator to check the response of the sensors and think i will use 2 motors,one for each axle.
how to make it turn????
2)I have a DC motor ,how do i find its specifications??

Please help.
I am trying to get a foothold on in the field and this cud prove useful.
Also if i have written anything absurd here,please let me know and correct me.

Thx in advance
Mukundan

msmukund2000 said:
hi,
i want to try and build a line follower(As all juveniles do),i wanna do this w/o copying existing schematics.
Question
how do you make the wheels turn??
i would like to use a comparator to check the response of the sensors and think i will use 2 motors,one for each axle.
how to make it turn????
2)I have a DC motor ,how do i find its specifications??

Please help.
I am trying to get a foothold on in the field and this cud prove useful.
Also if i have written anything absurd here,please let me know and correct me.

Thx in advance
Mukundan
1) Turning will depend on the "topology" of your drive system. if you have 4 wheels you should employ ackerman type steering... google it for desc. if you have 3 wheels, one in front, two in back then put one motor on each _Back_ wheel and to turn, simply run one forward and other in reverse this will rotate the bot.

2) You can usually get motor specs from the manufacturer of the motor (which is RARELY the place where you bought it) look on the motor it should have a MFG & model # and go online to look it up or call them. If this proves impossible (you should really try hard to find info from mfg) then the last resort is to test the motors on your own to discover all the important relationships and physical constants.. but this will be alot of work so make a good effort to find the specs. If you havnt bought the motors yet, simply make sure you only buy ones that you can get specs for!

thx,
i will
actually,i hadnt understood the diff.b/w 3 wheel and 4 ,now i do,thx to u
i think i will use 3,it seems easier,does it have any disadvantages??
btw,i'm Mukundan
Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back