Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello to all, im paul juz want to have some help out there in making a 5 by 7 Serial LED Matrix Display with the use of Shift Registers as the transmitter...manual operation of 5 by 7 instead of using microprocessors...i hope someone out there can give a suggestions of what would make up my transmitter(the one that inputs to the display).really need help out there...if u have something to say or what just mail me j_walts18@pisay.com i really need help....thank u.... :lol:

stick shift on transmission??????? shift reverser as transporter??? marijauna as medicinal???

If I understood correct

Hi,

You have built a matrix with shift registers. You have not mentioned the column and rows details. I prefer column cathode, driven by 74HC595 boosted through ULN2803 and Rows driven by P-Channel MOSFETS. So if you have the matrix ready. You need two things :

A serial / shiftout to load the column LEDs and a ROW scanner. For me microcontroller is the answer. (I only know and work with PIC).

A second option is to have your parallel port drive it.

Search for LED dot matrix display on this forum you will quite a lot of reference and suggestions.

Best of Luck

Regards

Sougata

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back