Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help please with 2 simple projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duellist

Hello all

Project 1:
I want to design a circuit that takes an analog input into a 7106 or 7107 and read the output on a LED 7 segment

Project 2:
I want to design a circuit that is fed with pulses. the pulses are to be counted and the output is showed on three 7 segments that to be multiplexed together

I know they are both easy project, but I need help :)
thanks alot in advance

The ICL7107 is a single chip A/D converter designed to directly drive an LED display. Just connect it as shown in Figure 2 in the Intersil Data Sheet.

What is the frequency of the pulses you want to count?

Hello all

Project 1:
I want to design a circuit that takes an analog input into a 7106 or 7107 and read the output on a LED 7 segment

Project 2:
I want to design a circuit that is fed with pulses. the pulses are to be counted and the output is showed on three 7 segments that to be multiplexed together

I know they are both easy project, but I need help :)
thanks alot in advance

hi,
The 7106/7 circuit is in this datasheet.
EDIT: d/s deleted, better version posted in a following post.

Last edited:
The ICL7107 is a single chip A/D converter designed to directly drive an LED display. Just connect it as shown in Figure 2 in the Intersil Data Sheet.

What is the frequency of the pulses you want to count?

for the counter, I want with every pulse, the numbers in the 7-segments to be incremented, to go from 0 till 999 as the circuit will be used for other applications later, just have to do the counter now with the pulses and multiplexed for the segments

and for the 7107 I cant seem to get it from the data sheet :s

for the counter, I want with every pulse, the numbers in the 7-segments to be incremented, to go from 0 till 999 as the circuit will be used for other applications later, just have to do the counter now with the pulses and multiplexed for the segments

and for the 7107 I cant seem to get it from the data sheet :s

The ICM7217 counter is suitable for your application.:)

What cant you get from the 7106 datasheet.???

Attachments

• ICM7217.pdf
    328.7 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
The ICM7217 counter is suitable for your application.:)

What cant you get from the 7106 datasheet.???

in the part of typical application, the IC connection is shown only the half of the IC, i cant connect the other part (sorry for that, I just never had to design with ICs that I didnt know before)

in the part of typical application, the IC connection is shown only the half of the IC, i cant connect the other part (sorry for that, I just never had to design with ICs that I didnt know before)

The connections shown on page 1 are for the display, either LCD or LED.

You will see the pins are labelled with the LED/LCD pin numbers/names.

If you have a query, tell me which 'figure number' in the datasheet you are referring too.

hi,
Look at this version of the 7106/7 d/s, its got more details.

Attachments

• 7106_7.pdf
    542.5 KB · Views: 210
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back