Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help on PIC18F25XX Programming to generate Sine wave

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue_blur

Hi all, i am new to PIC microcontroller. i am currently doing my school project and need to use the PIC18f25XX microcontroller and MPLAB IDE C18 compiler to generate different kind of waveform by passing through a DAC.

so far i just be able to generate a constant Voltage of 1v to 5v. however when i try to use the sin() function to generate the sine wave, i could only saw noise at the osilloscope.

Hope those who are good in the area can help me, thanks.

Just to have you started in thinking a little about your problem, consider this:

Your DAC, to output a sine waveform needs to have an input consisting of the sin function values. That concept, doesn't ring any bell to you?

Just to have you started in thinking a little about your problem, consider this:

Your DAC, to output a sine waveform needs to have an input consisting of the sin function values. That concept, doesn't ring any bell to you?

ya, is true. when i just insert with the respective sin value into the code, i am able to get the sine waveform. however just when i tried to use the SIN() function to generate those values, the problem appear. so i not very sure with part is wrong.

thanks. i post my source code here. hope can get some correction so that i can proceed with my project.

#include <p18f2520.h>
#include <delays.h>
#include <math.h>
#include <stdio.h>

#pragma config OSC = INTIO67 // use internal oscillator and bits 6 & 7 of PORTA can be used as IO pins

#define PI 3.14159

void main (void)
{
int i;
char y, mode = 0;

TRISC = 0x00; // 0x00 = binary 0000000, PORTC is set as output pin

while(1)
{

//DC voltage of 1V to 5V
/*PORTC=0x9A; //generate a dc voltage of +1V
Delay10TCYx(10);
PORTC=0xB3; //generate a dc voltage of +2V