Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP on LED project

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverstill89

Hi everyone ! Im new to this forum and I have been desperately looking for help all around the globe :s I have this very important project that consists of a LED panel where LEDs are organized in a way they flash in groups. I dont know how to make the flashing part of the project and I cant use any transistors for availability reasons :s

Please can anybody show me somewhere i can find some schematics resembling to this, or advise me about how i can proceed for the flashing part ?

If you can't use transistors to drive the LED's, what are you planning to use?

I have this very important project that consists of a LED panel where LEDs are organized in a way they flash in groups. I dont know how to make the flashing part of the project and I cant use any transistors for availability reasons :s

You've gotta give more than that. How 'bout uploading a picture of your thingamajig? Is it a 7-segment display?

Last edited:
i only made the led panel up to now. Its a 10 (height) by 10 (width) LED board. 20 LEDs in teh middle forming a symbol are connected forming group 1. All other LEDs (100-20 =80) form group 2. And id like to make group 1 flash when group 2 is not, and vice versa. I already read and seen tons of vids on youtube and i think that it can be made using CMOS.

A CD4047 is not a bunch of NAND gates.
A CD4011 is 4 NAND gates that can blink some LEDs.

the fact is i need to make a design of the montage on PSPICE and that soft doesnt support much transistors (student edition). So i prefer to work with something that can be implemented under PSPICE !

Why are all the students trying to simulate parts that do not have sim models?
Why don't the students build the circuits and measure them instead?
I did.

Simulators are nice, but I have to agree with ya audioguru, build stuff, see what happens, and make sure you have a scope.

most circuit design programs are now used for lab classes... I am required to compare and contrast: calculations, simulation, and measurements. It's a trifecta from hell.

Heard that, I always just fudged numbers for the simulator in my class because I didn't feel like re-booting to windows just so some TA could get the same damn numbers that I got when I measured it on the real circuit and did the calculations.

But we were just working with resistors for my intro class so it wasn't like there was a lot to mess up either.

i think he mean to say analogue functions are not supported on the simulation and he needs only digital fuctions (no transistors). for the simulation purpose, to drive more LEDs he can put buffers. but when assembling it can be through transistors.

in the view of reliability, i hope transistors can do pretty better,

Why are all the students trying to simulate parts that do not have sim models?
Why don't the students build the circuits and measure them instead?
I did.

Simulated parts don't smoke and burn, and take all the fun out of learning, plus they don't cost as much. When they finally get to build real circuits, they get to find out that the circuit doesn't work just like on the computer screen. Then they get to measure stuff to find out why.

It's a shame, theory was always kind of boring, lab was fun. There use to be a lot of sabotage and retribution in class. The instructor had to check everything carefully before applying power to any project, no wonder he had gray hair.

There's a place on the world that doesn't have transistors available at all?

'Course. I had to get those parts in specific places in my country. Ain't exactly 7-Eleven material.

Yo D.M. build those panels and post the pictures, alright?
P.S: Does DM stands for Death Magnetic? Just wondering...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back