Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed Yamaha YST-SW800 faults

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, and just touch the coil on both it's underside pins? with the red probe I guess? Same as the resistor on just a pin?

All done, no voltage reading at all, I set the meter to 200v just incase, then worked my way down to 200m and it read only 0.00 as you can see.

Have I been very lucky and only caps and a few transistors have blown?

Attachments

• IMAG1232 (wecompress.com).jpg
    IMAG1232 (wecompress.com).jpg
    792.8 KB · Views: 282
  • IMAG1234 (wecompress.com).jpg
    IMAG1234 (wecompress.com).jpg
    417.5 KB · Views: 282
  • IMAG1233 (wecompress.com).jpg
    IMAG1233 (wecompress.com).jpg
    608.6 KB · Views: 291
I presume it's plugged in the mains and turned ON while you're doing these tests?, and that the black wire is making a good contact?

Make sure things are running, check the HT rails - be aware they are +/-110V - just in front of the row of transistors on the heatsink, there are three big wire jumpers labelled JY1, JY2, and JY3 - check the voltages on JY1 and JY2 - JY1 should be -110V and JY2 +110V, keep your meter on the 200V range.

If it's any help, here's the layout of the PCB. JY1 and JY2 are at the top, just below Q18. If the link J52 has blown, then something nasty has happened, as pieces of wire don't often blow.
Yamaha.png

Just bought, Pro soldering station (mine was cheap) ESR meter, Fluke multimeter, determined to fix it :) think once they arrive I'll take out all the caps, transistors, diodes and resistors... But start on the power board first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back