Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help Needed:Using 3 PIC 16f877A in a circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurunz

hi all, recently i made a project call dart board automatic calculator that calculate the score of dart throw. I use 3 pic since i need 64 inputs. I use a oscillator for each PIC (total 3) and a 9v power supply and a 5 v power regulator. Everything fine in simulation but when i applied on real circuit, the calculation become unstable and sometimes lcd display nonsense. I tried all the solution i know but still cant solve it. Please someone help me

You've done something wrong - simulators aren't real life, so doesn't mean it will really work.

But you haven't posted either the FULL circuit diagram, or the source code - so no one can offer any advice on what you've done wrong.

**broken link removed**

This is my schematic.Hope someone can help me find what wrong and give advice. Thanks alot

Sorry, but that is really horrible!.

You only need one PIC, you can multiplex 64 keys easily and simply on two 8 bit ports, you're making it FAR more complicated than it needs to be.

Check my tutorials, which show how to mutiplex 16 keys on a single port.

hmmmm
im confused...
if i use 1 PIC, how could i connect all 45 input to a single pic???
sshould i used encoder to be the medium between the switches and PIC???

hmmmm
im confused...
if i use 1 PIC, how could i connect all 45 input to a single pic???
sshould i used encoder to be the medium between the switches and PIC???

Multiplexing - check my tutorial like I said - two 8 bit ports gives you 64 possible keys.

No encoder required.

do u mean that a single switch has to be connected to some pins???
for example SW1(means switch no1)
"when SW1 on"

if portb = 00000001
if portc = 00000001 then ......

do u mean that i should program like the above???

For the third time "Refer to Nigel's tutorials", i.e. click and READ everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back