Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help needed on solar cell!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

king_189

hii friends, I need your help, i am having solar cell from old calculator
when i tested them i found o/p voltage is 3.25v but the short circuit current is only 2.5mA. I am having 4 of such solar cells & i want to run a dc motor of 2v & 250mA is minimum current required to run the motor.
can anyone please suggest a circuit or any other idea to increase the current!!

Last edited:
hii friends, I need your help, i am having solar cell from old calculator
when i tested them i found o/p voltage is 3.25v but the short circuit current is only 2.5mA. I am having 4 of such solar cells & i want to run a dc motor of 2v & 250mA is minimum current required to run the motor.
can anyone please suggest a circuit or any other idea to increase the current!!

That would require magic, not electronics - you need MUCH larger solar cells, or LOT'S more of them.

Yes, get hold of 100 of these little cells and connect them all in parallel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back