Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Solar panel output current

Status
Not open for further replies.

jparcjr

Is there a way I could boost the Current output from a bank of solar panels so that I Can help maintain a charge on four deep cycle batteries in a electric car, or is all I can do is just run sets of them in series and parallel to get both the voltage and Current to help maintain the charge of the batteries. The SP's will be operating in conjunction with several other generators, The other question is would I need a control box to control the output of the SP bank.

Philippe

Is there a way I could boost the Current output from a bank of solar panels
Only by increasing the number or efficiency of the panels or by trading volts for amps (by using different series/parallel arrangements or a DC/DC converter).
would I need a control box to control the output of the SP bank
Yes, unless you want to use manual switches :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back