Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP needed on RS-232 waveform

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiCeBoY

Hello,
i need to :

Sketch the waveform of Asynchronous signal with ASCII character L with format 7, O, 1 2400bps. (The sketch should also show the symbol time.) After you finish the sketch of the waveform, sketch another waveform from the out put of RS-232 interface with the same data format as before.
I did the sketch as i attached below, can anyone check it and let me know if its good please and how i calculate and show the symbol time in both waveform please?

below is my waveform as attachment :

thanks.

Attachments

• datac.JPG
    datac.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 1,394
The waveforms seem correct. The idle condition is logic 1 for both voltage levels, the same as the stop bit. The start bit commences with the transition from logic 1 to logic 0, at the end of the stop bit or at the end of an idle period.

The overall period is 10 times the bit period, as you have 7 data, one parity, one start and one stop bit.

also can anyone help me out to find out the Coding Efficiency, Redundancy, Transmission Efficiency & System Efficiency.

And how do i show on the above sketch the symbol time.

Thanks

Darn you didnt read your own homework question. The question says 7 0 1. You got the parity wrong, i'll leave it up to you to fix 'cos i'm not doing your homework for you. :)

Also you should show the bus free state before the start bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back