Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed in designing a 240Vac to 48Vdc circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

losT

Hi,
I really need some help here. Can anyone who know how to convert a 240Vac to 48Vdc teach me how to do it? It will be great if there is schematic. Pls help. Thks.

220vAC to 48vDC

:D hi there lost,

lets clear up the air first:

1. do you have the transfo with 220vAC primary - 48vAC secondary?
2. or do you want the source to be 220vAC and directly convert it to 48vDC
3. if you have the transfo, whats the secondary current rating

there are lots of schem in the web with that specs.

check this site, **broken link removed**. supply/

theres a circuit about a 50v 3A stabilized & regulated :D

Hi,
thks for replying. I dun have a transformer. All I need is to design using protel dxp to convert a 240Vac to 48Vdc. I need 48Vdc because I need to drive up to approximate 10 leds. Each led takes abt 4V. Can you teach me how to design the ac to dc converter??? Thks.

220 to 48

:D
try the site, **broken link removed**

they have a circuit for direct rectification and a good article from EDN :wink:

Re: 220 to 48

mozikluv said:
:D
try the site, **broken link removed**

they have a circuit for direct rectification and a good article from EDN :wink:
sorry i can't access the website
is there any more relevant website?
thanks
regard

Keep in mind that the capacitors on the secondairy (for smoothing) will increase the voltage. Vout * sqroot(2).

So you'll need a transfo of approx. 35V output. because 35 * sqroot(2) = approx 48V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back