Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help need:38khz ir transmitter using multivibrator

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I understand from earlier postings, the TSOP requires 'gaps' in the recieved signal, if not it 'gets used to' the incoming signal and then ignores it. Therefore, the TX 38 kHz signal (2nd osc) needs to be gated on/off periodically (1st osc), and for long enough time to allow the TSOP to 'recover'.

Maybe having a TSOP solution isn't so elegant as we think it is. As the output will also be this 'long enough time', the output may need to be pulse-stretched with a monstable of some kind, adding to the circuit complexity.

Last edited:
Maybe having a TSOP solution isn't so elegant as we think it is.

As I understand from earlier postings, the TSOP requires 'gaps' in the recieved signal, ff not it 'gets used to' the incoming signal and then ignores it?

I take this as meaning there needs to be the TX signal is gated off periodically for a certain time. This 'certain time' may need to be pulse-stretched with a monstable of some kind, adding to the circuit complexity.
single pulse is enough for me.remote is going to work like a on off switch but with speed control

It is, I don't think the OP understands that the frequency of the pulses needs to be higher than once every minute for the IC to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back