Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Help] MPPT Solar Controller schematic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elecholic

Hello world,

Is there anybody will help me to find the schematic of MPPT Solar Controller??:)
I just wanted to know about MPPT solar controller. This is my final task in Polytechnic. Would you like to find me something benefit about solar controller with AVR especially ATmega16, buddy? :)

Thanks a lot for your contribution, I'll be appreciated it :D

Last edited:
College project, India I think.

No, I'm Indonesian people :). This is my final task in Polytechnic. I will make the MPPT solar controller based AVR ATmega16 to control display :D

would you like to help me finding something useful about MPPT, solar controller tutorial?? :) or something else about solar controller. I'll accept that with pleasure :D

Thanks a lot

**broken link removed**

Ken

Interesting. I even checked it after I posted. Oh well, here it is from another URL:
**broken link removed**

Ken

Interesting. I even checked it after I posted. Oh well, here it is from another URL:
**broken link removed**

Ken

thanks a lot buddy. Is there another one concept about MPPT? :D

I want to build the MPPT with ATmega controller, maybe my lecturer will help me :)

Last edited:
Have a look at **broken link removed**

Google: MPPT with ATmega

ken ;)

Mppt

The problem is very little people know what MPPT stand for especially the T. Out of all, over 200 documents not one of the authors know that the T is for tracking the sun, in other words a MPPT system is to make the solar panel to track the sun and the only way to do it is by using a Micro Controller, I recommend a PIC MCU.

If your looking for a design idea, there is a relatively easy way to do it. Place 4 solar cells (circular, cut in 4) at the bottom of a tube and condition the output of each of the cells (I to V) converter. Rectangular cells should work too. When the light is maximized in the tube, each cell will have the same current.

Now you have to figure out which way to move the motors and you need some algorithm that avoids unnecessary movement due to clouds.

The problem is very little people know what MPPT stand for especially the T. Out of all, over 200 documents not one of the authors know that the T is for tracking the sun, in other words a MPPT system is to make the solar panel to track the sun and the only way to do it is by using a Micro Controller, I recommend a PIC MCU.
Not true at all. Look Here;
http://www.redrok.com/electron.htm
This is vary old thread If you are looking for help you should have started a new one.

The problem is very little people know what MPPT stand for especially the T
Only dwarves know what the T stands for?

Out of all, over 200 documents not one of the authors know that the T is for tracking the sun, in other words a MPPT system is to make the solar panel to track the sun
Err... no. The tracking in MPPT (maximum power point tracking) refers to tracking the maximum power point of the panel; not the position of the sun. There is a reason so many authors disagree with you.

the only way to do it is by using a Micro Controller
There is >1 way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back