Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help me out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babygal

am puzzled about what project to choose among these;
1. GENERATING 5-VOLT FROM A 9-VOLT BATTERY,
2. 555 TONE GENERATOR (8-OHMSPEAKER) &
3. PHOTOELECTRIC STREET LIGHT.
1st of all, am a new student in the course and i love project stuff.
so would someone plese help me out in which one 2 chose, the one i`ll be able to get the materials easily and cheaply, to completion.
thanks.

I would expect the parts to be available for any of these at the local part house/Radio Shack.

thanks Gene, but not in that sense. what i wonna know, is the project that would be easy to do, with the available materials, the way to go `bout it, without any difficulties. i mean, if anyone knows how to go about any of the above projects(the steps to be followed), to help me out! so that i can b able to tell which project would be the easiest 4 me to do.
thanks.

1. GENERATING 5-VOLT FROM A 9-VOLT BATTERY is the easiest of the bunch. All you will really need is a 5 volt linear regulator such as the 7805 from radioshack. Scroll down to the application info on its datasheet to find out how to properly hook it up.

I would suggest "3. PHOTOELECTRIC STREET LIGHT." since it has some practical application whereas other too are just for learning purpose.

Tone from an 555 is the most fun to torture other students at 1-2 kHz.
It also includes two sections that can be treated separately: Oscillator and Amplifier. The result is pretty audible, too. Quite cheap and easy to build as well. But depends on the street light: how big will that be? Full size or a scaled model ?
For learning about basic circuits, the 555 thing would also be better.

I just forgot: about the 5V regulator, you can also make a quite complex regulator design with a kind of buck converter. See **broken link removed** and **broken link removed** .

The 5 volt supply would be simple but I don't think you would enjoy that much. The street light would be relatively simple - here's ONE way to do it:

**broken link removed**

Only a few parts and a high probability of it working on the first try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back