Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me learn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CodeFreakC

Hey guys,
I'm new here and quite honestly I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask in.
To put it frankly I want to learn about electronics, my main interests are to learn to retrofit and manipulate electronic devices. I am currently learning ther assembly language.
My first question is how would I go about getting signals from devices? for instance, if I wanted to create accessories for an iPod, I would first need to find out how to communicate with one of the iPod's ports and write up program to give the necessary data to the iPod. How could I find out what data to iPod asks for, because obviously you don't just plug in the iPod and they adjust to each others 'protocols'. So my question is How can I learn these 'Protocols'? I hope you understand...
Thanks loads,
CodeFreakC

You have to find technical reference's on the web. For apply products this can sometimes be a bit difficult, they're not exactly good at full disclosure. Just to give you a place to start, go to google and do a search for "IPOD pinout" I don't know what type of IPOD you use but adjust the search appropriately. Problem is the actual protocols involved require some pretty advanced hacking skills in order to figure out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back