Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me identify this part

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdelx

hello i think it is a capacitor it has markings on it K5U 105M i need to know the value or what will replace it i don't know what it is made of or the voltage i will try to attach a pic. Thanks sdelx

Attachments

• robinair 004.JPG
    robinair 004.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 513
The capacitor is ceramic. The type of temperature response is the K5U.
105 is 1uF (10 followed by 5 zeros pico-farads). M is the tolerance of plus or minus 20%.

The voltage rating is probably printed on the other side.

Its a pretty standard looking 1uF monolithic, 50 volt. The 105 is like a resistor colour code; 1 0 and 00000 so is 1000000 pF or 1uF.

(edit) haha whoops I was gazumped... ;)

Last edited:
thanks for the info i went to radio shack they sell them as 1.0uf or .01uf and no voltage rating size and shape are the same.:)

Don't buy parts that are made by an unknown manufacturer who can't bother rating the voltage.
Buy name-brand parts from a real electronic parts distributor that have all the spec's printed on them and on their datasheet.

help me find the name of this piece

im working on a project and i am trying to find the name of this piece because i need to purchase it. if you can identify the piece next to the flat connector i would appreciate it (i have circled it for you). thanks in advance

Attachments

• picxr.jpg
    picxr.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 315
It looks like a flexible insulator boot for the "quick-disconnect 1/4" connector.
Car parts stores should sell them.

item

well i know it is like a sylicon housing protection for the gold pieces when connected to wires. im searching as you throw things at me lol

Attachments

• pic2ql.jpg
    pic2ql.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 259
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back