Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me for my lighting related project

Status
Not open for further replies.

alok1982

Hi! I need a help in my lighting related project. Actually i already made a electronic ballast, with the function of dimming. We can dim the lamp by applying 0 - 10V dc supply to it. Dimming range is from 100% to 3%. Now i want to include a new function in it i.e. i want to put a timer in it. The main function of timer will be to dim the lamp automatically after 7 hrs up to 3%. I need help by using both the way i.e. by using analog IC (555, etc.) or by using microcontroller. Well, in the electronic ballast which i had developed i used analog IC's. I had used a comparator IC for dimming purpose.

Well, waiting for reply.......

Thanks,
Alok

So you want the light to be at a certain level of brightness for the 7hrs and then after the 7hrs, dim to another level which may be as low as 3%? Do I understand your question correctly? Can you post a schematic of what you have built already?

Yes you are right. Can i give u the schematic of the dimming circuit? Because it is not possible to give the schematic of whole electronic ballast. By the way i will also give u the block diagram of the system. Can i get ur email id, so that i can forward it into ur inbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back