Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help making game timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silly Willy

Hi guys this is my first post. I am a newbie looking for some help.

I am trying to make a board game timer that works like this:

A momentary button is pressed and starts a 30 second countdown. At the end of the countdown a buzzer or beeper sounds for 1 second and then stops and resets. The timer needs to restart the count down every time the momentary button is pressed and sit idle after the buzzer sounds untill the button is pressed again.

I wonder if **broken link removed** circuit will work and if so what kind of buzzer I need.

Thanks guys

The output of that circuit is a relay, so pretty much any 'buzzer' you can find will work with it. Note I say buzzer, as it has to have an oscilator built in, then you just use the relay in series and when the timer circuit goes off so does the buzzer. This would likley need to be reset by hand though. You could trigger a 555 as a one shot timer so the buzzer only went on for 1 second, and use a DC buzzer compatable with the 555 timer.

Last edited:
Ref Fig 8 which is a 555 one shot timer. Red LED could be replaced by a buzzer with a series diode of same polarity. 500K pot determines the interval.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back