Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[Help]Make Mosfet driver..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent_Sense

This is my first posting here..
I`m new in here n very newbie if talking about electronic technology.
I need your help:confused:
I study in Electro Faculty, I choose it, because i`m very interesting with robot,etc. But, i don`t have a basic about it.
I have homework to make simple "driver Mosfet"..
Can you help me to give information about it..
How to Make?Design?
This is very usefull for me..
Sory, if my english is bad hehe..
Thank before..

Last edited:
Are you trying to drive a mosfet. or are you trying to drive something with a mosfet?

Did I have a stroke in my language center of my brain?
The wording and spelling seems all F-ed up today.

Are you trying to drive a mosfet. or are you trying to drive something with a mosfet?

Trying to drive a mosfet ^^ with the gate. when i learn n ask someone about it, they said "it`s very simple". But he didn`t want give me clue or something to help me, just praise himself =_=.

silent sense, this make sense for me that ou are not a newb but an exellent member.tel me who r u. hehe..
atleast u dont have keeboard problem.
007:D

Hehe..Excllent??Thx..I just want to learn more more n more..
I`m from Indonesia
My Name is Matias..
Nice to know all of you..

Did I have a stroke in my language center of my brain?
The wording and spelling seems all F-ed up today.

F-ed??what it means?

Last edited:
It is easiest to use a gate-driver IC.

Are you trying to drive a low-side MOSFET? Or a high-side MOSFET?

Ran into four ducks at the local supermarket, I thought they were huddling for warmth. Apparently it was three Males and a Female. They weren't huddling for warmth =O

Well, you can just use a gate driver IC. THat's the simplest and most compact solution. Or you can build one discretely.

THe simplest discrete solution is a high-side NPN BJT and a low-side PNP transistor (yes, that's right the NPN Is on the high-side and the PNP is on the low-side. This means that the transistor gradually turns off as the power MOSFET gate capacitance becomes charged and helps to prevent shoot-through currents in the gate driver).
image1-gif.27570

A more advanced solution is to use BJTs and MOSFETs in parallel:
image3-gif.27571

In this example they use two NPN BJTs, but you could instead replace that with a high-side NPN and low-side PNP just like the previous example (and you can remove the inverters as well if you do that).

The BJTs turn on very quickly and provide the high current pulse needed to charge or discharge the power MOSFET gate capacitance. But they can't bring the capacitance close to the rails of the gate drive supply voltage. THe MOSFETs turn on slower but can pull the gate capacitance very close to the rail voltage.

Attachments

• Image1.gif
    Image1.gif
    10.8 KB · Views: 12,364
  • Image3.gif
    Image3.gif
    4.6 KB · Views: 3,047
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips