Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Banned from AAC, does that make me bad or them ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fourtytwo

Posted a few lately trying to help people with problems, today I got a message that a question I had asked an OP about an incomplete circuit was not relevant to the thread! The OP's question was why a micro could not turn off a mosfet and the accompanying diagram did not show what or where the mosfet source was connected to, so hardly "not relevant" to ask, the same question was asked by someone else later in the thread and eventually the OP answered. The amazing thing is this took place several days ago and the thread is over 20 long and my post was in the first 3.

Well the other people I was chatting to have now been left hung out to dry, what a weird place, the mod apparently banned me for posting in the same thread why my messages were deleted. I should have been warned I have heard of other legitimate members being banned without explanation from AAC SO BEWARE!

Sorry for the rant but AAC stinks now IMOP, apart from anything else it has no right of reply to an errant mod.

I've been banned from the whole forum there twice now, both of them for only three days. I am also banned from just one thread there, the covid-19 thread, for posting links to what the disgraced trump was saying. You can't win there unless your in the clique. And don't even think about telling some one they are wasting their time with an over unity type energy harvesting project!

The bans are progressive, 3 days, 3 days, 7 days, then permanent. So if it's your first one you will be able to post in a couple of days.

Thanks for the moral support, seems I got hit with 7 days 1st time around! All I will be doing when I am able to login again is terminate my membership, I don't believe in closed shops that have no respect for the individual.

I confess that me too, would become upset at preposterous questions and/or the TS which withheld or obscured essential information. I would rant and argue, and more than once I was moderated.

Then I realized that the 2020s zeitgeist is unmitigated stress and anxiety.
Last thing I need now is to add gratuitous stress to my life by quarreling with random strangers.
Nowadays when I see a thread like the one you mentioned, I simply avoid any comments.

Thanks for the moral support, seems I got hit with 7 days 1st time around! All I will be doing when I am able to login again is terminate my membership, I don't believe in closed shops that have no respect for the individual.

I don't know who the mod was, but have my ideas. He also was involved in my cases too. He even started a PM between him and the other mods about me, but made the mistake of including me in the list of participants. Shows me how ignorant he is.

Interesting!! As a Mod here I often get screamed at... The juggling act here is to weigh up who would be "least" offended.

On the one hand, the owners like bums on seats... Then there is help or no help... If a thread has billions of views.. Just tread carefully.
If you offer help and it gets thrown back at you or not responded to, sit back and weigh up BEFORE responding..

I also have a good idea to whom you are referring... The forum "book 'O' rules" followed to the letter.. I try and allow a tad of screaming or laughter or dare I say "off topic".. Jesus, its a public forum people are people.. I rarely comment now on AAC.. There seems to be an enormous amount of members sitting and waiting for first responders just so they can jump down their throats... Too much for me..

Still... I love watching threads go south, laughing my head of. .( before I have to jump in , of course..)

AAC will instantly kill any threat to a thread - and not allow any mention of a moderator action within a thread. If you do, you're done fr a while or for ever. Personal experience. The mods also dot understand sarcasm, humor, or most other emotions or joyful interactions (joyful from my perspective).

I'll have to say, for the most part all of the mods drank the Kool-Aid at AAC, even the ones not living in the USA. The ones that didn't drink it are in the same boat as the members that refused it, they are no longer in the clique, and are keeping low hoping that things go back to normal.

I'll have to say, for the most part all of the mods drank the Kool-Aid at AAC, even the ones not living in the USA. The ones that didn't drink it are in the same boat as the members that refused it, they are no longer in the clique, and are keeping low hoping that things go back to normal.

Someone told me that one of my old posts there was necroposted and a new user asked me a question. The post was deleted and the thread was locked a half-hour later. "Nothing to see here - move along!"
Luckily, someone PMed the user that I was over here - in a more sane site.

Woww wish I had known that site had such a bad track record before I bothered with it! Pleased I am not the only one, makes me feel almost human :cool::) Just feel sorry for the poor souls posting there hoping someone will help them as I cannot imagine there are many sane people left that have not been banned by the trolls (sorry I forgot there supposedly mods).

Pleased I am not the only one, makes me feel almost human :cool::)

First, don't let other people control your happiness. Second, I can assure you, here and now, that you have always been and always will be - human.

Technically, I can't charge for therapy sessions - long story. In lieu of payment to me, a donation of $25 or more to your local food bank will make you feel even more human.

Pleased I am not the only one, makes me feel almost human :cool::) Just feel sorry for the poor souls posting there hoping someone will help them as I cannot imagine there are many sane people left that have not been banned by the trolls (sorry I forgot there supposedly mods).
With posting internet forums you have be a little thick skinned and ride through it.
I have had a few of mine deleted, but I think it is gradually getting better, especially since the change of site owners. And relaxing of rules a little.
The AAC is one of the more popular electronic sites, and I have found one with the better regular members..
I have been a mod on a International site for about 14 years that has had 1,785,036 posts, has 537,052 members
Number blocked From Site: 10,456,599 !!

IIRC, there were, maybe two if not more successful threads in AAC mirroring this one with obvious variations.

In so many years here and there, amongst other forums, after occasionally reading threads of this kind, I feel frustrated because all posters (but me), seem to know who are the alluded nameless bad guys / mods.

Just to state how a disappointed gossip voracious (*) member feels. :grumpy::grumpy::grumpy:

* Joking - busy with a PID controller.

I left AAC a few years ago because there was no rhyme or reason to who was banned and who wasn't. The moderators tended to be ban-hammer-happy and would often act without speaking to the user or other moderators first. Most people who were banned or had posts or threads deleted had no idea why. If you do a search for my last posts over there, you'll see my complaints (unless they deleted those posts too).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back