Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help: Lcd Tester

Status
Not open for further replies.

owenko

can anyone give me some idea on designing a lcd panel tester? just want to turn on all the pixel of the lcd and manuelly look for non working pixel. able to test Dot character and dot graphics lcd.

thanks in advance

you can email me with info at owenko84@yahoo.co.uk or just reply here.

Can you give us a bit more info, like how many pins or inputs the LCD has and at what voltage it operates ?

it is possible to create a lcd tester which is able to test a few kind of lcd? or it is only possible to create one to test only one kind?

There are different types of LCDs, some have drivers and convertors already built-in and can receive serial data, others operate in on a parallel byte of data. Some operate on 5 volt TTL and others on 12 volt CMOS .

i want a tester to test only the lcd panel, without the drivers. is it difficult to turn on all the pixel on the lcd?

If you are talking about a laptop monitor, you can get software that can test for dead pixals.

**broken link removed**

em... im talking about those lcds in calculator, wrist watches.. without the drivers.. sorry for confusing.

am i right to say that i need to create a driver using HD47880 to test the character LCD panel? if yes, can anyone give me some ideas on how to create the driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back