Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help in PLC Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmelsayed

Hi !
please, can any one help me in this two applications:
1- a program to start running a motor and stop it using the same pushbutton.
( one push for start and another for stop ).
2- aprogram to use one push button to start more than one application: (say)
- first push to start motor .
- second push to start another motor.
- third to power on a lamp ....etc.
so please try to help as you can.

and put some links that can help me .

Which PLC?

ABB - AC200,300,400,500,600,700,800 series, Melody, P13/P14
Siemens - Logo,S300,S400 series?
Alan Bradley - (you want me to continue?)

What Programming language?
Ladder ?
(FCL) Function Chart logic ?
(SFC) Sequential function chart ?
(STL) Structured Text Language ?

Because of the size of the files I cannot upload them to the forum, but I did do a Google, and found a few hits.

Try and Google the following files ...

CFC_SFC_e.pdf
Get_Sta_e.PDF
HW-konf_e.pdf
S7prv54_e.pdf
S7SFC2_e.pdf

These are all files from the SIEMENS install Manual CD.

Hope this helps

I do not have very much experience with Siemens, but I do with Allen Bradley and Mitsubishi PLCs. Have you had any luck with your programs?

the answer

ok i think i found the solution
for the first one (start&stop sing same pushbutton):
**broken link removed**

and for the second one(more than one output using same pushbutton)
**broken link removed**
so that is all
if anyone see any thing wrong just type it.
thanks

I think some thing not clear in the first solution you've posted;

if your input is I0,0, and what ever P means, M0.0 will be energized, this will make the top M0.0 and break the bottom contacts, this makes the top O0.0 to complete the circuit for your output O0.0.

O0.0 in turns will break the top and make the bottom contacts and that disconnects your output again.

and if you realized that this will be very fast, this means you'll not be able to see your output ON.

for the second solution;

contact 10.0 is essential to make output O0.0 works, while you have not shown from where you'll make it.

I think some thing not clear in the first solution you've posted;

if your input is I0,0, and what ever P means, M0.0 will be energized, this will make the top M0.0 and break the bottom contacts, this makes the top O0.0 to complete the circuit for your output O0.0.

O0.0 in turns will break the top and make the bottom contacts and that disconnects your output again.

and if you realized that this will be very fast, this means you'll not be able to see your output ON.

ok
for the first one:
contact I0.0 is for normally open pushbutton which when pressed the marker will be energized and will work with the output contacts to energize output and when press again it will denergized.
BTW : l P l ----> is positive transition which will only allow one shoot so that time cycle will not count while pressing so the output will be on untill i press again .

for the second solution;

contact 10.0 is essential to make output O0.0 works, while you have not shown from where you'll make it.

no no no !!
I0.1 is for start(normally open) I0.0 is for stop(normally closed)

ok the second solution depend on scan cycle and periority concept .
when the button is pressed the first network(NW)will be closed and output on Q0.0 is on . then the scan will move from first NW to second one which has Q0.1 and also has the marker which is normally open contact and will be energized from Q0.0 but it is in the 3rd NW so it will be scanned after 2nd so Q0.1 will not be on .and scan cycle return to began scan from the 1st NW again .
when press button again 1st will not be affected by it but 2nd NW will be closed as M0.0 is closed from previous cycle, I0.0 is closed and when press button again I0.0 output Q0.1 will be on.

one will ask his self that scan time is faster than human press by thousand times and output Q0.0 will be on at second scan time .
that will not be happened at second cycle because there is no any signal in 2nd NW because of the positive transition l P l .

that is all.
thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back