Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help in making robot controlled through vision

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadhan

hi
i am a newbie in robotics.i want to control a robot by vision control through pc via microcontroller(pic) on the robot. the camera will be interfaced to the controller(pic) and the pic will be controlled through pc. but i don't know how to start this .i don't know which camera to use & how to interface this to the controller. also i want to make the robot wireless.so please help me in making the transmitter & receivers & guide me in the interfacing of camera, receiver to pc,etc.if anyone has resources on the net please do let me know. all i know what all thingsm i have to study. i have studied microcontrollers .
:? i know i'm asking some very stupid questions ...........but this is my beginning only!!!

To do image processing, you are going to need quite a bit more horesepower than a PIC is able to provide. Many IP algorithms are designed with vector calculations in mind. In this case, it would be helpful if you perform the algorithms on a PC or at least a good DSP.

I would suggest youto get a CMU Cam... You can get the data you need serially and let the PIC work with what the camera is seeing.

So far I am sendinf all the camera data to a excell sheet receiving all the cells to fill thru the serial port from the PIC. Once you know what your data looks like and grab a feeling for what the camera is comunitcating to the PIC then you can do some cool stuff :)

Ivancho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back