Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help !! i'm all googled out

Status
Not open for further replies.

billboard

Hi to all, new to the forum, i need a circuit diagram for a specific project and i have spent hours googling (is that a real word ?) with no luck.

i have a chop saw that is rated at 2.4 Kw and when i switch on, the kick off it almost makes it jump off the workbench, every time i do it, it still scares me !!

i need a diagram for an nvr or zero crossing swicth to prevent this from happening. I can only find a switch that is rated lower than my chop saw motor and i would like to build a beefed-up version. I dont know what the current draw is on this saw when it switches on at the AC cycle peak.
my skills are in pcb design and assembly, metalwork (for enclosures etc) and not circuit design. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, billboard.

What makes you think this will improve things in any meaninfull way. It sounds like the problem is the inertia of the blade and the motor shaft. As a matter of standard practice I use a couple of 3" screws to attach my 12" DeWalt compound miter saw to the work table since I move it around from jobsite to jobsite.

For a chop saw you might need a couple of 1/4-20 bolts to do the job.

I doubt zero-voltage switching would make any difference?, what you would need is a soft-start curcuit, that gradually increases the speed over a couple of seconds.

But bear in mind it's working as intended, so it's not a problem.

Nigel, i agree it's working as intended but more expensive power tools, routers etc usually have a soft start feature, i can buy one from axminster power tools, but it is not rated high enough, it only does 1500 - 1800 watts and, if i can find a circuit diagram, i can build a few of these (i have a stock of components and metal etc).

regards, billboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back