Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help Identifying this Diode

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekparasite

Need help with identifying this component. So far, I have it identified as a diode based on they symbol of the PCB.
This circuit board is the main board for a DC powered gate opener.
This is the only part that seems to be damaged. Anyone with experience or guidelines on how to identify a replacement?
IMG_6390.JPG

IMG_6394.JPG

Thank you so much. I know exactly why it failed. Lightning strike. Long story.

Is that all that's been killed though? - I've attempted a LOT of lightning repairs over the decades - and generally there's a long list of blown parts that you end up replacing one by one - and even then it often doesn't end well :D I think my record was probably 30 odd parts on a CRT TV, and then finding out the CRT was damaged as well :(

However, you've found at least one faulty part - so you 'may' be lucky, and if not you're on your way to try and locate the next.

Is that all that's been killed though?

You are right. There may be more stuff broken than just repairing this component. I'm rolling the dice that maybe Zeus was nice to me, but I'm not counting on it. However, I have to try before spending $450 to $500 for a board replacement.

Wish me luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back