Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help identifying strange capacitor terminal style

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killians1978

Greetings! I've run across a very strange terminal type for a capacitor, that I've never seen before. Anyone able to help identify the terminal style? It will get me closer to finding out if it's a source able part.

Thanks!
IMG_20181228_135712.jpg

Sorry that I don't have a picture from the bottom. This is what I snapped before going on vacation.

looks like a busbar terminal. might be a different name, but that's what popped into my head first.

That's what came to mind, but I've never seen a cap with those coming right out of the body that way. Even has a little sheet of laminate between the blades to keep from contact.

Possibly it's a custom made type?, if you're ordering a decent quantity they will make whatever you want.

As already suggested, it looks like it screws directly to a busbar.

I've seen those on weld sets a few times, high current discharge devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back