Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help Identify This?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rstark18

I have NO electronics background whatsoever and would like some help. I would like to know what the following item is. I think it's a fuse but don't know it is green on both ends, white in the middle and has the following writing: 250V, 5A and I can't recognize the other letter/numbers. Here are three pics
BTW it is on the negative lead to a battery.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Thanks for the help!

i think that the other writing is 95 degrees celcius.....but i am not sure
if it is like i say then the fuse blows at 5A or when it's temberature reaches 95 degrees.
maybe someone has another opinion?

It could be a thermal fuse, what kind of product is it on ?

Because if it's on one that generates a lot of heat, that's what it'd be, because if I remember correctly, a thermal fuse is used in order to keep a project that generates a lot of heat from melting itself. When it reaches critical temperature, the fuse melts, severing the connection and keeping the valuable parts intact.

Most likely it's on something rather old because heatsinks/microfans are now more in common use, and are now compact enough, and cheap enough to be of use unless it's a very small project like a miniature transformer, or a home made DC-AC inverter.

Also I think the second one is 55/95 Eg, or Eb, I can't really tell, it is rather blurry.

Hmmm... it's a good chance it is, I'd ask you to test it, but no point frying a component just to see what it is.

The massager probably uses a motor that generates too much heat, but is the most affordable.

measure the continuity from one lead to the other...

if it's continuous then there's a good chance it's a fuse...

if not, it's either not a fuse, or it's a blown fuse... :)

I did check the continuity (I think). With the meter I touched both ends of a wire and get a continuous tone but when I check both ends of the fuse/whatever it is, I do not get a tone.

a fuse is meant to be just like a piece of wire while it is intact. If it is reading as not being continuous it is either not a fuse, or it is a blown fuse...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back