Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help identify these scavenged parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a bunch of parts that I have scavenged over the years, but I don't know what they are called, so I can't look them up online. Could the kind people here give me a clue.
part-1-better.jpg
part-2-better.jpg
part-2-better.jpg
part-7.jpg
P6210004_1.JPG
P6210005_1.JPG
P6210007_1.JPG

1 ? Possibly a Low Value Capacitor.
2 & 3 are Signal Diodes.
4 Down, looks like a 20pF cap.
5 down, looks like a 1 amp diode
6 Unknown
7 Down, 10 pF, 1 kV Rated.

I am going to disagree with chemelec on a couple of these:

1 I am inclined to think that this is an inductor.

4 possibly a thermistor.

5 A diode BYV?? Turn it over and there should be a couple of numbers. Easy to look up, just google BYVxx

6 Possibly a ceramic resonator.

7 I think more a 1000pF (1K) capacitor.
But then it does look a bit chunky for a low voltage 1000pF cap.
Difficult to say.

JimB

#4, Yes Possibly a Thermistor.
Test it with an Ohm Meter.
A Cap will show Infinity Resistance.
A Thermister Will show an actual Resistance and will change resistance with temperature.

#1 Also check it for resistance.
An Inductor will have a somewhat Low resistance.
A Diode will measure Low in one Direction, High in the other Direction.

Disagree...

No1 is a beetle with two legs only. Common, anyone can see that. Oh well, at least I can :)

Regards,
tvtech

This is quite a collection of odd components. The three-legged #6 thing could be a dual cap or a resonator.

The glass things look a lot like diodes, but I have seen very high value resistors packaged this way.

#5 is a diode and you can likely read the numbers off it an google it.
#7 is definitely a cap. A 10 pf 1kV cap

I've seen devices like #6 which have been suppression devices, a pair of diodes or tranzorbs with a ceramic bead inbetween.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back