Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help Identify components

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anzio

The attached photos are of a pcb board from a Blackweb Tsunami Bluetooth Speaker model BWA15AV112. The speakers distort when volume is increased greater than 40%. Need help identifying the four components with 150 stamped on top. The are located on the right next to the 470uF capacitors. Also is the cream colored a sign of leakage or just mounting putty? Tr.ying to determine if there is a problem with the stereo amp

On the bottom picture of the pcb board the four 150 components are diagramed with a coiled line between the connectors.

Thanks,
Anzio

Attachments

• Blackweb bluetooth speaker PCB top.JPG
    Blackweb bluetooth speaker PCB top.JPG
    825.8 KB · Views: 274
  • Blackweb bluetooth speaker PCB bottom.JPG
    Blackweb bluetooth speaker PCB bottom.JPG
    814.4 KB · Views: 273
Those are inductors, part of the lo-pass filtering to the speakers (to remove the class-D switching signals) - they 100% WON'T be faulty.

The white stuff is glue, to hold the components in place.

You need to put a scope on the outputs, see if it's distorted coming out, or if your speakers are duff.

Thanks, don't have a scope but will try a different set of speakers.

Update:
I checked the speakers on a different amp and they are fine.
I don't have the schematics for this board, so any suggestions on what to check next?

Anzio

Last edited:
It's very unlikely you'll find a schematic for this product making fault finding very difficult. Best advice I can give is just replace it?

The speakers distort when volume is increased greater than 40%.
This is typical of all amplifiers. Don't turn up the volume.
or if your speakers are duff.
Why do you think there is a problem? Do you have another amp that is louder? It is only 20 watts. There is a chance that there are two 10 watt amps working together. (bridge) If one was not working then it would not get real loud.

At first I thought it was just bad reception over the bluetooth connection but it happens also with a line in signal. You are probably right that it is just a limitation of the low powered amp. I may spend a little more time on it just to be sure.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back