Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help ID a resistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastline

I am looking at a white, cement type, presumably wirewound resistor that is reading 0 ohms.

NUmbers on it are:

R G A
5WR02J

Is this possibly .02ohms, 5W?

I am looking at a white, cement type, presumably wirewound resistor that is reading 0 ohms.

NUmbers on it are:

R G A
5WR02J

Is this possibly .02ohms, 5W?
Yes, it say so.

10-4, I will fly it and see what happens. Very puzzled in this PS I am working on. Actually took out a 25w, 5ohm resistor. Never seen that before. That takes some doing right there... I am worried it took a hard transient and there is more wrong than meets the eye...

10-4, I will fly it and see what happens. Very puzzled in this PS I am working on. Actually took out a 25w, 5ohm resistor. Never seen that before. That takes some doing right there... I am worried it took a hard transient and there is more wrong than meets the eye...

Faults in SMPSU's are generally pretty catastrophic - you're likely to blow loads more parts while you're trying to repair it. Unless you replace EVERYTHING that's faulty before you power it up, it's very likely to destroy it all again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back