Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help getting started

Status
Not open for further replies.

justtrev

I studied some electronics at uni 25 years ago so have some theoretical knowledge but almost zero practical. I want to buy/build a micro processor based circuit to monitor input lines and to then control output lines also using micro processor clock.
Essentially based on clock e.g. every 15 minutes set output(1) & wait for inputs(1) & (2) and then set output (2) etc.

Basically clock / event driven to control relays / pneumatic cylinders.

I need to find suitable equipment. Am looking at Modtronix SCB with ethernet, like SBC65EC but this is web based access which is more complex than I want at the start. Nor do I want a computer connected full time to device although I don't mind connecting a cable from computer to device to update micro code. .......Any help appreciated as I really don't know what I am doing. I see lots of books reduced for sale because they are old and I fear the components may no longer be available
Trevv.

This is the 21st century, micro-processors are so last century! :D

You have a trivial project, a simple and cheap micro-controller is all you need - everything in a single small chip - and performance you wouldn't believe!. Top favourites are PIC and AVR.

I recently made a similar timing circuit which can adjust the timing 1 -15 minutes that is output ON time & also it supports adjustable 0-15 seconds OFF time.

Displays from the three digits & shows remaining time as well. Having only two buttons to control.Internal Timers used.

All the work did with a 18 pin Micro.See how compact is.

you need to familiar with micros.

All the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back