Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help for making a demultiplexer circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

prodip

Hi buddies,
I have completed making a five digit seven segment display circuit.
Now the problem is I have a multiplexed output of seven segment lines and five digit lines for the display.
Now I want to drive big display with this circuit with ULN2003 driver chip or something similar. Can anyone help me how I can make a demultiplexer to get 35 outputs for each segment of five seven segment digits from the multiplexed display line inputs of seven segment and five digits?
Thanking you in anticipation for a solution

With best wishes

Prodip

Investigate Charlieplexing for an efficient solution.

Thank you Papabravo for your suggestion but what I’m looking is to get single pin out for each segment that is why I want to demultiplex the multiplexed display lines. Charlieplexing refers to techniques for reduction of pin-Count in LED Display Multiplexing. So how cud this be a solution here

If you could sketch a quick block diagram of what you're asking, it would be more clear to me. If you need a custom demux, then a PLD or PIC would be a route. Are you asking for a discrete solution?

Consider using an MM5450 or MM5451.

These ICs have 34 digital outputs which are driven from a serial data input and a clock.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back