Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help for inverter/charger

Status
Not open for further replies.
nobody actually helps here with this particular project.. it just involves to much.. better by one if you need it bad

How long does it have to run for from batteries?

this will dictate the battery size and the sizing of the components for the charger...

What type of load are you supplying from the invertor?
Does the invertor output have to be a sinewave or something else?

It would be cheaper just go and buy a small generator...

Last edited:
Hi
I would like to use 12v 120A battery for six hours work in my house, doesn't matter if the output sine wave or square wave the load about 1000w. For the small generator I do not like it because for the noise and I hope to make it by my self.

Hi
I would like to use 12v 120A battery for six hours work in my house, doesn't matter if the output sine wave or square wave the load about 1000w. For the small generator I do not like it because for the noise and I hope to make it by my self.

Buy one - it's a fraction of the cost of building one, which isn't a trivial undertaking.

12V 120Ah is 1440 Wh. You might get 1000W for half an hour from a new fully charged battery if you are lucky and buy an efficient inverter.

At that drain rate you might also end up with an exploded battery.

If you are more conservative you might get an average of 100W or so for six hours.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back