Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help!...FM Transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any kind of transmitter, either AM or FM, needs license form authorities to operate. Anticipating that you have proper authority, you may brows through the Electronic Projects of this forum where you find a simple FM transmitter shematic with two transistors and part list.

Ravi

Ravi said:
Any kind of transmitter, either AM or FM, needs license form authorities to operate. Anticipating that you have proper authority, you may brows through the Electronic Projects of this forum where you find a simple FM transmitter shematic with two transistors and part list.

Ravi

This is not true in the USA. See **broken link removed**. For the FM broadcast band, see section 15.239. I seem to recall that a transmitter with less than 100mw radiated power satisfies these requirements. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You are correct RON. :) I am not very familer with the laws of USA. However, in my country one has to get license to operate a transmitter. But for very low radiated power TX, this requirement is not necessary.

Eh, I'd look into FCC regulations, there are some laws against pirating radio waves, you must make sure that it passes ALL rules, There are some that regulate the distance a transmission could be heard from, and on what band, if it hogs a signal from a radio station, or from the military, they'll send out 3 of these nice unmarked trucks loaded with all kinda doohickeys to triangulate your exact position (accurate to within 10 feet) and depending on your "crime", slap you with a heavy fine.

So I'd definately pick up the FCC manual of rules and make sure your transmitter follows all of them. There's quite a few... somewhere in the range of 1000+.

In case you're wondering, yes, there was a point in time I wanted to run pirate radio against the man out of a truck I was going to rent, snagging the signal of every radio station in the FM band.

i am a menber of the Amatuer radio society. If you have any problems about rules and regulations i would be happy to find them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back