Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help fixing a computer sub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Name 33

I have a 2.1 subwoofer set for my computer. It's a sub and two speakers. The speakers work fine. The other day, I heard a buzzing and then an electronics smell. The sub no longer works, but the speakers do.

I took it apart, tested the fuse, checked the resistance of the speaker, and those all work fine. I don't know what else to check. The capacitors all look fine, but the 'electronic smell' when it stopped working makes me think of a blown capacitor.

What's the next step?

Thanks!

I have a 2.1 subwoofer set for my computer. It's a sub and two speakers. The speakers work fine. The other day, I heard a buzzing and then an electronics smell. The sub no longer works, but the speakers do.

I took it apart, tested the fuse, checked the resistance of the speaker, and those all work fine. I don't know what else to check. The capacitors all look fine, but the 'electronic smell' when it stopped working makes me think of a blown capacitor.

What's the next step?

Thanks!
LOT'S more details - you've given us pretty well zero information.

Make, model, schematic if possible, and pictures for a start - inside and out. You don't even say if the sub is self powered or not?.

Also an 'electronic smell' isn't likely to be capacitor failure, that would be a fairly low probability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back