Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help finding electronic valve

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrx_pacman

hi i need to find an electronic valve. It's gotta be a small y-pipe for going in a windshield washer fluid line. I'll give size later (maybe 5/32") , but is there such a thing? if so where could i find it, thanks!.

If you want strictly on/off control then you might consider a solenoid valve. ASCO, among many others, makes them. I think I saw one advertized in Jameco - low cost, low pressure capability but maybe it's good enough.

Note that some solenoid valves require a minimum differential to close tightly.

If on/off isn't what you want then you need to look at other kinds of valves.

The type of fluid/gas and temperature that you are using affects your choice of valves. But for water/air, you can usually find some fairly inexpensive valves surplus. Otherwise SMC is a good manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back