Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help displaying audio signal spectrum on 16x2 lcd

Status
Not open for further replies.

badejavu1

I need help on how to display an audio equaliser spectrum with a 16x2 alphanumeric Lcd display.I am presently working on a project that interfaces a PIC16f876 with an ISD1740 voice chip to play sound.

I connected the ADC (RA0) of the PIC on port A to the signal output of my speaker, so that the PIC can convert the audio signal to digital form and display the equaliser spectrum of the sound(from the ADC) on the LCD display.I got the ADC working properly but dont know how to go about the codes in my library to display the spectrum on LCD. I am using a 4 bit LCD configuration on PORTB of the PIC ie. RB5 = E, RB4 = RS , RB0:RB3 = d4:d7 and also using Microchips MPLAB IDE with Hitech C compiler. I will be most gratefull if anyone can be of help to me.Thanks

I need help on how to display an audio equaliser spectrum with a 16x2 alphanumeric Lcd display.I am presently working on a project that interfaces a PIC16f876 with an ISD1740 voice chip to play sound.

I connected the ADC (RA0) of the PIC on port A to the signal output of my speaker, so that the PIC can convert the audio signal to digital form and display the equaliser spectrum of the sound(from the ADC) on the LCD display.I got the ADC working properly but dont know how to go about the codes in my library to display the spectrum on LCD. I am using a 4 bit LCD configuration on PORTB of the PIC ie. RB5 = E, RB4 = RS , RB0:RB3 = d4:d7 and also using Microchips MPLAB IDE with Hitech C compiler. I will be most gratefull if anyone can be of help to me.Thanks

hi,
Is the display controller a HD44780.?
A standard 16*2 LCD, the pixels are blocked format 5*8 or 5*10 pixels/char.

How do you plan to show the spectrum information on this LCD.?:)

https://www.downloadready.com/dl/download_53446.htm

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply.Yes the display uses a HD44780 controller.It is also a 5*8 pixel/char.
I actuall want to display a basic representation of the signal, as my PIC has only 1024 steps. This would however give an idea of the amplitude of the signal.Somthing of this sort shown in this link.
YouTube - Audio Spectrum Analyzer with ATMEL

thanks
Ade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back