Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help debugging loose contact

taranraj123

Hello,

I am an electronics novice (I did some soldering in high school) and looking to get some help from the experts. I recently got a solar power led light that seems to have a loose contact from the solar cell to the PCB controlling the remainder of the circuit. The circuit does have a light sensor which is meant to turn on the LED when the light levels drop. However due to this loose contact the solar cell is essentially disconnected from the remainder of the circuit so the LED is constantly running off the battery instead. Here are some pictures of the circuit in question. I cant really tell where to solder the loose wire to on the board. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_5659.jpg
    IMG_5659.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 109
  • IMG_5660.jpg
    IMG_5660.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 109
  • IMG_5661.jpg
    IMG_5661.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_5662.jpg
    IMG_5662.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 109
  • IMG_5663.jpg
    IMG_5663.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 107
It looks like it should go on a solder pad labelled B-

The designer marked the wire locations, however the battery negative is in the S- position but from what I can see the battery and solar cell negative both go to the same track, running up to a LED connection.

All my solar garden lights use the solar panel to turn off the LED and begin charging the battery when there is light.
The connections for the solar panel are always labelled S+ and S-.

Im thinking I could connect it to both S- and B- individual and measure to see which one might do the trick.
They are electrically the same, in the same section of copper.

If you want it to look right, move the battery negative to the B- terminal so you can put the solar cell negative in S-, though it makes no difference electrically or functionally.

This shows the copper track more clearly, with the labels from the topside.
All three are the same point, electrically:

Solar_light_detail.png

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back