Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP - Building PICKIT2 Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anybody have the pickit2 lite pcb version?

Thanks,
Robotsmani
As you make such things only once, better to make pickit2 as original as Microchip.
there is a link for one artwork that works well with mostly thro hole components.
as you get specific components you can load them, while initially bypassing them. But the PCB need to be made only once. it is uploaded by Nishal at
**broken link removed** on 18th Jan2009.

Here the transistors are to be pin swapped if you don't get original Philips BC639 and 640 with centre collector. also few minor errors are there, I could guide you to go thro' if you are interested. It is a one go PCB.

Thanks sarma,

i am interested on this. Do you have any parts list for this. i can't find it. Let me first collect the parts first. This weekend i am going to make the pcb for pickit2 clone, LC meter and ofcourse the pickit2 full (any suggestion or tips?). i will update once i have done.

Do you have any idea, where do i get 3-6v dc geared motor in bangalore? online shop are costly and shipping charges also

Thanks,
robotsmani

Thanks sarma,

i am interested on this. Do you have any parts list for this. i can't find it. Let me first collect the parts first. This weekend i am going to make the pcb for pickit2 clone, LC meter and of course the pickit2 full (any suggestion or tips?). i will update once i have done.

Do you have any idea, where do i get 3-6v dc geared motor in bangalore? online shop are costly and shipping charges also

Thanks,
robotsmani
First you try to manage BC639 and BC640 from philips make ( not BEL)
the Philips ones have centre collector.

Attachments

• PICKIT2 th Parts list.doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 782
thanks sarma,

i got the bs250, bc639(phillips) and irf9z34. For bc640, i have to wait. The shop owner told me that he will get it next week.

What is the diff between BEL made and Philips made? I have the BEL made. Can't i use this one?

Anyway i have one week time to build the kit. This week i am building the pickit2 clone

Robotsmani

thanks sarma,

i got the bs250, bc639(phillips) and irf9z34. For bc640, i have to wait. The shop owner told me that he will get it next week.

What is the diff between BEL made and Philips made? I have the BEL made. Can't i use this one?

Anyway i have one week time to build the kit. This week i am building the pickit2 clone

Robotsmani
the pin out matches the artwork
bel follows CBE and Philips followed BCE fahion
please see the datasheet
what was cost of 9z34?

irf9z34 - 32rs
BC639 - 5rs
BS250 - 12rs

There is shop who is having all the rare components. He told that, he is the only supplying all the components to the market(sp road, bangalore) :):)

Robotsmani

irf9z34 - 32rs
BC639 - 5rs
BS250 - 12rs

There is shop who is having all the rare components. He told that, he is the only supplying all the components to the market(sp road, bangalore) :):)

Robotsmani
there is a data change for the pin out.
BC639 and BC640 follow ECB order
BS170 and BS250 would follow SGD order.
IRF9z34 , if i remember, follows GDS order
however better confirm as I remember various styles are there for BS250 and BS170 / 2N7000.
you may check the brand you have and get the datasheet from alldataseet.com
other details i shall be posting you regarding minor changes in PCB of Nishal.

Last edited:
Hi sarma,

still i am not getting the bc640(phillps). i am going to make the pcb with the equallent. can you please let me know what are the minor changes in the nishal pcb.

thanks,
robotsmani

Hi Sarma,

As per your suggestion i build the **broken link removed**. But it is getting following errors

I build the circuit using nishal pcb and made the changes suggested by sarma

1. btw there is a simple wire link needed to power the 2 eeproms and the yellow lamp as well.

2. removed Q1 & shorted its D&G

**broken link removed**

And me_guitarist

3. I simply connect a wire after the 470R(Yellow LED) to Vusb+5V, now everything works perfectly, programmer-to-go working, Yellow LED lit up. I didn't remove U2 as well. I still can't calibrate it but do this does matter?

**broken link removed**

My pickit2 is detected and connected. The green led lit up.

I started troubleshoot i am getting following error

"An external voltage was detected on the VDD pin at 3.6 volts

Click next to...

"

Test VPP

11.9v

when i calibrate i am getting volts of 4.84v in pin 2 & 3, click on calibrate i am getting error message
"Could not fully calibrate the unit. The USB voltage may be too low to completely calibrate"

When i connected 16f84a thru' ICSP the device is not detected.
Sometime it is detected as 16f882 or 16f884. and sometime the
Device : Unsupported Part (ID=3000)

Please help me....

Thanks,
robotsmani

FYI

i am uploading the schematic and pcb layout files here...

Is anybody there to help me out....

Thanks,
robotsmani

Attachments

• PicKit2 Original.zip
    88.5 KB · Views: 770
  • PicKit2 PCB Layout.pdf
    59.3 KB · Views: 835
i have build the pickit2 clone...**broken link removed**

Strange... i am getting the same vpp voltage error and L1 is getting heat. so there is some same issue with both the circuit.

What to do? :-(

Is anybody have the pickit2 lite pcb version...

I got something from other site. Is anybody having the component layout for the attached

Attachments

• PICKIT2_PCB.pdf
    88 KB · Views: 670
  • PICkIT2_SCH.pdf
    44.6 KB · Views: 491
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back