Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help Building a Water Meter Gauge using LM3914 and PreAmp

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK,:)
Can you describe what is connected to the 1K resistor on the INV input.
That generates the 0 to 0.68V.?

It's a MaxBotix MaxSonar EZ4, which provides an analog output of the sonar reading of 0.98mv per inch of depth. which for my purposes returns 0-0.68v as readings. When I power it up and check the output using a multimeter it is indeed returning 0-0.68v, but as soon as I connect it up to the rest of the circuit it seems to stop working properly.

It's a MaxBotix MaxSonar EZ4, which provides an analog output of the sonar reading of 0.98mv per inch of depth. which for my purposes returns 0-0.68v as readings. When I power it up and check the output using a multimeter it is indeed returning 0-0.68v, but as soon as I connect it up to the rest of the circuit it seems to stop working properly.

I have just downloaded the d/s for the MaxBot, get back to you later today.:)

hi,
From the MaxSonar data and your values of 0V thru +0.68V [ about 68 inches range], using a CA3140 powered from a 9V supply, the CA3140 opa outputs +3.8V thru 0Vish. I am assuming that the 9V is a regulated stable value.

I have added the LM324 opa buffer thats part of MaxSonar circuit in order to show the the source of the 0V thru 0.68V.

As per this attached image, the circuit works OK over the full range, the only minor limitation in using a single supply is the 0V is about 10mV.!

You must have a problem in your layout.:)

Attachments

• Water2.gif
    Water2.gif
    26.8 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back