Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help!!! Audio Amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

mataous

Can anyone help me by telling me how this circuit works please! i have a project to do by tuesday and i dont have a clue how it works!!

Attachments

• circuit.jpg
    circuit.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 182
Looks like a class AB amplifier to me. What does this circuit have to do with your project and why don't you know how it works?

Not exactly your project then is it? You just picked a circuit off the net now you wanna pick the brains of people here to fill out information and turn it in? There's quiet a few things going on in that circuit, nothing excessively complex, what exactly are you having trouble with?

Last edited:
well ive been doin some research on the net and found that it might have somthing todo with push-pull amplification? maybe?

Can anyone help me....i have a project to do:rolleyes::rolleyes::(

At least he didn't wait until Monday evening.:D

It is a very simple audio amplifier circuit.
What information about it is needed?

Not that simple for me audioguru =) The feedback network looks relatively complicated, at least to me.

my work colleagues said exacally the same! the transisters are the push pull part of the circuit and the op amp amplifies the circuit! they couldnt explain the feedback tho! they also said that C3 and C4 were references for the opamp! would you agree?

The feedback network characterises the amplifier.....No point in amplifying signals above say 22khz or below 20hz...

Not that simple for me audioguru =) The feedback network looks relatively complicated, at least to me.
The original project describes the bass-boost control in the feedback loop:
10W Audio Amplifier with Bass-boost - RED - Page61

The original simple audio amplifier is on that website (18W Amplifier using an opamp with a higher voltage rating for a higher output power) without the bass-boost control.

Attachments

• simple audio amplifier.PNG
    simple audio amplifier.PNG
    18.6 KB · Views: 153
my work colleagues said exacally the same! the transisters are the push pull part of the circuit and the op amp amplifies the circuit! they couldnt explain the feedback tho! they also said that C3 and C4 were references for the opamp! would you agree?

NO - they are power supply decouplers.

It's a really crappy old circuit though, never any good, and even less so now.

C3 and C4 are powersupply decoupling capacitors. They're there to buffer the power supply a little and usually located very close to the opamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back